Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dreams are Made In Dusk

I walk towards the graveyard in the fading light.

Dusk, my favourite time of day. The worst of the day is over, but the night is still young and full of promise and opportunity. My shoes click on the paved walkways as I slowly meander past the rows of graves.

I am approaching the middle of the graveyard when I see him. Finally. I've been waiting for him for so long.

He turns and sees me. He smiles. My heart lightens.

I Missed You, I say.

I Missed You Too, Very Much. It's Been Too Long.

He kisses me on my mouth. I shiver all the way down my spine and it works it's way to my toes peeping out from underneath the white skirt of my dress.

Suddenly, I wake up.

Andrew never knew why he had this dream. He didn’t know why he had it from the perspective of the woman in it either. He didn’t even know what she looked like, he was always in her body. The fact that he was in a woman’s body creeped him out a little. He hoped she was beautiful, if she was in love with him. He knew it was him who was also the man in the dream, the man who missed this woman and who kissed her.

Slightly awkward receiving a kiss from his own face.

Andrew looked at his clock. It was 3 in the morning. Coincidentally, it was also the third time he’d had this twilight trip. He adjusted his pillow, checked his clock to make sure the alarm was still on for the morning, and then tried to fall back to sleep; dreamless this time.


Is He Ready ?

No, No He Isn’t. But I Can Wait. There’s Plenty Of Time.

Is There Really?

What, You Don’t Think So, Mathieu?

I Think He Should Get His Ass Moving.

You Know He Doesn’t Have A Conscious Choice, Mathieu. That Was A Silly Thing To Say
.

Human Men Have Never Been My Favourite, Fiona.

I Know. But Let This One Be, Mathieu. He’s Not Your Concern.

No comments: