Monday, February 8, 2010

Poor Little Valentine

This sickness in my stomach, this nausea in my throat, this gripping in my chest

It’s caused by you and it’s terrifying

The power you have

Over me

I don’t understand.

I need to hide my face

But I want to shine in front of you

I can’t win I can’t win I can’t win

And you didn’t even know you made me lose.

Flipping like a leaf in autumn

My mind whirls thoughts in my head

Too fast for my heart to keep up

And eyes shut tight to control

My loss of equilibrium

Made by you

How do you do it?

My face is in my hands,

My heart is in my throat,

My mind is topsy-turvy,

Imaginings out of proportion with reality

As my feet touch the clouds and my eyes look upon the dirt below

I know I’m working with rules beyond simple gravity,

And you’ve broken them without being aware

And I’m jig-sawed in pieces that need to be fit back together

But I can’t do that,

And you don’t know,

So I stay,

Scattered,

Puzzled,

And incomplete without you.

Please fix me.

No comments: