Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One day, I'll Fly Away. Leave all this to Yesterday. Maybe.

I thought I was over it.
By all accounts I should be; I am.
But,
My life likes to throw these horrible bones to me.
Bones that should have been chewed and buried ages ago.
So that it doesn’t bring up all this hurt.
Like an onlooker,
Watching something they can’t help happen
Something they wish they could be a part of,
But they just have to watch as it goes by, while they sit alone behind the glassed in sidelines.

I don’t know if I want to cry,
Just disappear forever,
Stop the cycle of pain,
Of heartbreak,
That my heart knows is inevitable.
Every time it sees someone new.
No, not every time.
Just every time it sees one of them.

The ones who could be mine.
The ones who could live forever in my heart,
And mine in theirs.
The ones who would bandage my heart,
Stitch it all back together and let it heal, once and for all.
The ones who need to read this, but never will.
The ones who could care, if only they knew,
If only they understood.

But they don’t.
And I’m too tired to cry anymore.
They’re killing me and don’t even know it.
And I’ll never get them to patch it up.
Never get him to patch it up.

No comments: