Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pas De Deux

I’m a snowflake,

Strong out in the cold but at a minute’s touch,

I’ll melt in the warmth it would make.

Sometimes the world is just too much.

I know you think I’m strong

But you’re wrong.


The world weighs so heavy,

It kills me because I feel alone

You see a smile and a laugh from me;

Thinking that I’m simply not prone

To be sad like our general population

You don’t understand that smile’s motivation


I hurt so badly From your unintended neglect.

Life’s not kind to the young,

And you can’t seem to see that effect.

There’s a smokescreen blocking your view

I’m completely fine according to you.


I want to cry

To curl up in a ball

You hear me sigh

And think there’s nothing wrong at all

I’ve tried to make you see

But you just can’t seem to care for me


And I still can’t quit

Smiling and laughing every time you’re around,

Misleading you with it

Accidentally with the looks and the sound,

Telling you I’m okay and it’s all fine—

When I’m just so glad to be on your mind.


It’s put me in the situation,

Where you always see me and I lose my problems.

Lost in the safety of you without hesitation,

I even forget what causes some of them.

That is, how much I would wish you could care,

But how I can’t seem to get you there


Because you see me full of smiles and wind chimes,

And I can’t tell you where it comes from;

Can’t say it’s not that I’m fine,

But that I’m unable to do anything but love

When I melt as I’m caught on your tongue

Nothing else to be sung.


Please I’m begging you

See that it’s hurting me

Hiding what’s true

Because I’m afraid if you’d see

I’d be let to fall on the ground and freeze

In a drift of unease


I’m sorry I love you.

And I’ll do my best for you

To keep it from you

So that I won’t hurt you

As much as it hurts me.

To not be with you.

No comments: